Monday, November 5, 2012

Letter #8 (Last from Brooksville)

Hello family and friends!

Today is my 2 month mark! Time is flying by; it feels like I just left. Also, President Summerhays called Saturday morning for transfer calls (a transfer is 6 weeks here), and he calls even if no one is leaving, just to tell you you're staying. Well, since I'm only half way through my in-field training, I had prepared myself for another 6 weeks here with Elder Scott and Elder Amadi. False. I'm getting transferred to Highland, which is near Sebring, pretty central Florida. I leave here tomorrow morning. Elders Scott and Amadi will stay here and I will finish my training with Elder Willard. Also, for those who may be interested to know, the ward down there has two sets of missionaries right now. And one of the missionaries I'll be sharing the ward with is Elder Langi. So, Bryce, I'll make sure and keep you updated on how my mission goes there :)

This week was really amazing. I could not have asked for a better last week in Brooksville. We found 7 new investigators, which is incredible! We also found a less active, part member family that is really interested in having the lessons and coming back to church. Sorry I'll miss the teaching, but glad to have been part of the finding. Priscilla was confirmed yesterday, and I was the one who was able to do that. I was an amazing experience, and renewed my faith and strength in the gospel.

"I believe in Christ; he is my King!
With all my heart to him I'll sing;
I'll raise my voice in praise and joy,
In grand amens my tongue employ;
I believe in Christ; he is God's Son.
On earth to dwell his soul did come.
He healed the sick; the dead he raised.
Good works were his; his name be praised."
-I Believe in Christ, verse 1, LDS Hymnbook #134

I add my testimony with that of Elder McConkie's in the hymn. I believe in Christ. I know he lives. I know he is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. Only through and by him can the human soul be saved. If we have faith in him and live according to his commandments, we will find peace and joy in this life.

If you have time, look this hymn up and read the rest of the verses. It is truly powerful and inspired of God.

Thank you for your support, prayers, and letters. I love you all so much. Have a blessed week, and may you find strength in the Lord to endure your trials and rejoice in Him who is mighty to save.

Elder Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment