Monday, February 11, 2013

Letter #20


Hey ya'll!
(Yeah, I've been in the South too long...)

What a great week it's been! We've done a lot of work with the less-active members in the ward here, mostly just tracking down people and seeing if they still live there and if they're interested in having home teachers and in us visiting them every once in a while.

We had a really good lesson with the Clays on Monday night. We watched the Restoration DVD with them and talked a little bit about it with them. Brother Clay seemed to find it very interesting, which is good! I'm excited to go back tonight and see them again. Although seeing them tonight was NOT our plan A. We have a family in our ward who has been talking with us about their neighbor across the street that they want to share the gospel with since I got here 3 months ago. Well, I got sick of just hearing about these neighbors and wanted to meet them. So we went over on Friday to meet them and set up an appointment to go over tonight to teach them. I have been so excited for it all weekend! Well, we just got cancelled on right before I started writing this letter. Bummer! But we will still be keeping contact with them and hope to be able to meet with them soon.

Krystle is doing very well! Progress with her is still slow, but it's starting to pick up a little. She's reading the Book of Mormon more now and is really trying to learn.

For the first time in a while we were able to see Ron and Darcy this week! As usual, it was a wonderful visit! They go back to Michigan next month for the summer, so we don't have a lot of time left with them. I don't think they will get baptized before they leave, but we've always had a good relationship with them and we've planted the seed. We're hoping to get them in contact with the missionaries up there when they go back.

It's weird, and kind of scary, how fast the time flies. I still feel like a brand new missionary, but the end of this transfer will be almost my 6 month mark. There is SO much work to be done in gathering the Lord's people, and it feels like I'm never going to get everything done that I need to. BUT! With the help of the Spirit, I can be led to those who are prepared to hear our message, and also to help the members bring this gospel to their friends and loved ones.

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Elder Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment