Monday, October 29, 2012

Letter #7


Heelllloooooo!

It's been a much better week! Probably because Priscilla got baptized yesterday! We still don't have anyone new to teach this week, but we do have a long list of people that we want to visit. So hopefully we can start teaching them. A lot of them we've only seen once and haven't made it back to see yet.

Church yesterday was amazing! The Spirit was so strong, and everyone in the ward was so nice and welcoming to Priscilla, which is SO key to her staying active and keeping her covenants. One of the sacrament meeting talks was about our personal relationship with the Lord. She read the story You Are Special by Max Lucado, which has always been one of my favorites. As long as we know how God feels about us, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.

The weather down here is finally starting to cool off. It was cold enough last night and this morning that I wanted a jacket. With the hurricane on the opposite coast, we've had a lot of strong winds and gusts, and a little rain. But nothing severe or any need to worry about evacuation or anything.
I really don't have much to say other than things are going much better. I think we're finally starting to figure out how to not get on each others' nerves and how to teach together effectively. I'm really learning a lot about myself--things for my personal life as well as a missionary. I've been studying in the book of Ether in the Book of Mormon. The faith of the brother of Jared is amazing! I love reading about their journey in the wilderness and his interactions with the Lord.

Well, that's pretty much it for this week! I'm pretty tired today, so thank goodness it's P-day and I have a chance to not worry or stress too much.

Elder Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment