Friday, October 18, 2013

Letter #50

Dear family and friends,


The work continues to move on here in Lake Hamilton, albeit very slowly. The Acosta family is doing really well. They came to church yesterday for the first time since I've been here! And the teenage daughter is begging her parents to come back next week because she liked young womens so much. It's so awesome! We love that family so much.

I'm really excited for this coming week. We have a lot of good stuff lined up. The members here are so fired up from everything we learned at General Conference and the encouragement to be a part of the hastening of the work. It's great to see the members getting involved in missionary work.

Even though this has been a slow, difficult time for me on my mission, it's been a great blessing as I've been given the opportunity to study every day and strive for the companionship of the Holy Ghost, which then allows me to be aware of and see the little things that the Lord does for me each day that reminds me that He's in control and He's aware of me. I have also taken the advice of President Monson: "It's better to look up." It's just so much easier and way less stressful if you're always noticing the positive side of things. This mortal life is already filled with so much pain and suffering. But when we become positive and notice the small and simple things that bless our lives, the Light of Christ within us grows, and that light spreads to others around us.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Love ya!
Elder Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment