Monday, September 30, 2013

Letter #49

Dear family and friends,



What a week it's been! The past couple of weeks I've learned and grown so much. My appreciation for the scriptures expands every day. I just finished studying the New Testament again this morning. I love the first epistles of Peter and John. I learned so much from them about how to be a missionary and how to seek out the light of God and His love, and then how to share that with others.

Zone conference with Elder Teh was incredible! I don't know how to explain everything I learned from that meeting. I guess the best way to wrap it all up is that my testimony of this work is impenetrable! He talked a lot about how we were trained in the MTC to perform at a high standard of excellence and how we need to rise back up that level of performance to hasten the work.

The Acosta family, one of the families we are teaching, are doing so great! We had a couple of really good lessons with them this week. Really, they are our only progressing investigators, and so it's so great to go over there because they are so anxious to learn. We're still only on the 1st lesson with them, but they love the Book of Mormon and reading from it every day. One of the times we went over, we had a really good talk about focusing on how we feel when we read rather than understanding the story line. The mom of the family especially identified with this, as she recognizes that this book is leading her down a different, much better path. They face a lot of struggles as a family and love the peace and comfort we bring with us into their home. I love bringing the gospel to people and seeing the change it brings into their lives. The atonement brings so much hope into our lives, and it's the only way our lives can improve, so why wouldn't we share it with others and find joy as we watch it change their lives?

Well, I think that's about it for this week. Love you all!
Elder Petersen

PS Just to make sure you all get it, I forgot to include my mailing address last week

921 E Main St
Haines City, FL 33844 

No comments:

Post a Comment