Monday, April 15, 2013

Letter #26

Dear family and friends,

Well, transfer calls came Saturday morning. Elder Ellis is being transferred to serve in the office. I will be transferred to Venice North. We are being replaced by sister missionaries. I'm really nervous to leave Highlands. I've been here for 5 1/2 months now. I absolutely love the people here. But sisters will be awesome for this area; they'll be able to get a lot of stuff done that we weren't able to, especially with as many single women live here. It ruined Krystle's week when I told her I was leaving. I'm really sad that I won't be able to see her get baptized. They recently implemented the rule that we can't go back to old areas for baptisms. But I'm also still so excited for her. She's made a lot of changes just in the past week so that she will be ready, and she's also learned a lot in such a short amount of time. She's been meeting with the missionaries for MONTHS but now since she actually wants to learn, she's learning so fast. And it's so awesome to see :)

Laurie isn't getting baptized anymore. I guess meeting with us took up too much of her time and was interfering with her routine. But, we did a lot to help her increase her faith in Christ, so I don't feel bad about her dropping, even though it was sad to see.

So yeah, even though I'm sad to leave Highlands, I'm excited to go to Venice. I'm whitewashing with Elder Leavitt. Whitewashing means that both of us are new to the area. So it's going to be hard and crazy ridiculous, but so awesome! This has been a hard area for me, and I've really grown a lot from it. I just haven't seen a lot happen here with the people. But I'm going to take what I've learned with me to Venice, and I just KNOW that I'll be blessed to see the fruits of my labors there. But if not, I know that it will be okay, because I know that I will work hard and do all that I can to help the people there. 

I'm so grateful for this gospel and all that I have learned. I love my Savior and know that He is always there for every single one of us.

Have a great week!
Elder Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment