Monday, September 23, 2013

Letter #48

Dear family and friends,


Well, I'm back in Polk County!  I got transferred from Venice to the Lake Hamilton area. I'm literally on the eastern border of the mission. It's weird to be back in this part of the state. But good. We had stake conference this weekend, so I got to see a ton of people that I know from the Highlands Ward, which was really good.

I'm excited for the coming weeks. We have a lot of work to be done here in the Lake Hamilton ward. There's not a lot happening here with the work, so there's a lot of potential work just waiting for us to find it and do it!

We have zone conference this week. Elder Teh from the First Quorum of the Seventy will be here to train us. I'm really excited to hear what he has to say and everything I will learn to help me in my work.

My top learning experience this week was with a member as we were going to stake conference. We talked about the atonement the whole time. He made a really good point that has stuck with me and affected how I listened to the talks in conference and what I look for as I study each morning. He mentioned something that President Packer said once, that as we teach a principle of the gospel, unless we tie it back into the Atonement of Christ, then it's pointless to talk about and there's no real power in it. Because the atonement is central to the entire gospel. Without the atonement there is no gospel, there is no plan of salvation, there are no eternal families. And none of us can make improvement or change in our lives without the enabling power of the atonement.  It's what brings us hope in this life and joy in the life to come.

Love you all, hope you have a great week.
Elder Petersen
P.S.
Well, I forgot to include my mailing address

921 E Main St
Haines City, FL 33844 

No comments:

Post a Comment