Monday, July 28, 2014

Letter #80

Hey everyone!

It's been another really great week! Brother Frayer is doing well. We had an amazing lesson with him earlier this week. We were there for a good hour teaching him and answering his questions. When it came time to invite him to be baptized, he knew the question was coming and kind of chuckled. He said that part of him knew he should have been baptized yesterday. He wasn't sure exactly when, but he knows he wants it soon. He is progressing so well! We had a very interesting visit with Betty. She will be baptized I think, but it may be a long road for her. Which is fine. I want her ready for it, whether or not I'm here.

We had interesting news with Bobby. His baptism will most likely be postponed. I can't go into details, mostly because I don't know the details. It makes me a little sad because I was hoping to be able to be here for it, and now I'm not sure if I will. He's such an awesome kid, but he really wants to be ready for baptism. Which I suppose is good; he recognizes the level of commitment and the seriousness of the covenant he is preparing to make. It's setting him up well to serve a mission in a few years.

Well, this is where things really start getting interesting. I'm not sure if anyone can really say they know the meaning of bittersweet until they serve a mission and then get to the end of that mission. It's so surreal, and quite frankly incomprehensible. This has just been the best thing ever I've done in my life and for my life. I've just been so blessed with everything that I've experienced and the support I've had. It's just...yeah :)

Love you all, have a great week! 

Elder Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment